Magnetic stirrer for fermenters and bioreactors
The stirrer is one of the most important components of fermenters and bioreactors. The optimal design of the stirrer (the number of blades and their position), as well as the speed of its rotation, ensure the best mass transfer during cell cultivation. These parameters depend on the type of process and cells. BRS always discuss them with the customers.
Another critical component of the mixer is the its shaft seal. The use of magnetic drive mixers in our fermenters ensures high process reliability and cell culture safety. The advantages of such drives are:
- Tightness. The lid of the fermenter has no extra holes for attaching seals, which greatly improves the tightness of the container and the possibility of leakage and germination of your culture.
- Service. Magnetic stirrers are easy to maintain, no need to dismantle the reactor vessel lids.
- The technical performance of magnetic mixers is much higher than standard mixers with a single mechanical seal. They are less susceptible to drive heat, and the relativelysimple design and number of components significantly reduce wear time.
Sterilizable addition ports
From our experience many customers have the problem of sterile supply of material to the bioreactor. On our fermenters and bioreactors, feed sterility can be ensured in two ways:
- Sterile ports on the fermenter lid. Port with sealed gasket for autoclavable needle puncture.
- Steam sterilizable in situ ports. The advantages of such ports are that the customer does not need to perform additional manipulations with sterilization in an autoclave. With the help of several valves, it is possible to sterilize the make-up line directly next to the bioreactor. This simplifies the entire process and ensures the reliability and sterility of the line.
BRS fermenters and bioreactors – laboratory, pilot, industrial, are equipped with mass flowmeters to control the mass flow of gases. A huge advantage of flowmeters compared to hand-held rotameters (which are also duplicated for reliability by our fermenters) is the ability to accurately control and measure the flow of gases.
Exhaust filter heating
The use of a temperature controlled jacket over the filter housing is a simple solution to a recurring problem which many customers have with getting the exhaust gas filter wet. Removable jacket warms the filter and thus ensures its dryness during the removal of gases from the fermenter tank.
KEOFITT sterile sampling system
Sampling is an important procedure in cell culture, ensuring sterility at this stage is extremely important. The KEOFITT steam sterilizable sampler used in BRS fermenters ensures sterile sampling multiple times throughout the entire process. It is simple and reliable system to use.